Bradbury Thompson

The pictures are from my own collection. They are scans from a book that I bought for the university years ago when I was putting together material for the history of visual communication course. Not exactly legal, I know, but I am very glad I had the foresight to do it anyway, since when I made a search for Brad Thompson's work online just now I was astonished by how slim the pickings were. Definitely one of the greatest graphic designers of the last 100 years, and very relevant in his style to graphic design today. And yet it seems that he is slowly being forgotten. Am I very surprised? Sadly no. So much of what was relevant only a few years is now being relagated to the ranks of "Curio", little oddities to soon be forgotten about entirely. So, why not a giant like Brad Thompson also?

There is a good text on his life and work that you can read here: https://www.rit.edu/carycollection/bradbury-thompson
Powered by Blogger.